Parenthood is challenging and wonderful all at the same time. You can’t imagine your life without your child, but being a parent turns your life upside down.
It is possible to be a successful parent, even if you do it alone. We have the resources to help you.
Do I Have What It Takes to Be A Parent?
If you’re wondering if parenting is possible for you, talk with one of our client advocates. We’re here to listen and help you answer questions like:
- Is my family or partner supportive?
- How will a child affect my education or job?
- What resources do I need (physical and emotional) to be successful?
- Will my age, living situation, or finances keep me from being a responsible parent?
Parenting in School
It is possible to be pregnant and continue school. Federal law requires all schools to work with you to accomplish the school work required while also managing your pregnancy. No school can legally keep you from participating in events, attending medical appointments, or completing your work on a different schedule.
The idea of parenting is overwhelming, but you would be surprised at the number of resources available to help you throughout your pregnancy and during the early years of parenting. Being a parent is a significant commitment. Here’s how we can help:
- Accurate Up-To-Date Information
- Specialized Parenting Classes
- Material Needs (maternity clothes, baby items, etc.)
- Community Referrals (WIC, Medicaid, doctors, housing, etc.)
We’re Here For You
You may have concerns about being a parent. It’s a big decision, but our client advocates are here to listen and provide you with all the information you need to be a successful parent.
We will help you through this and build you up to be the best parent you can be. Schedule your no-cost appointment to discuss parenting with one of our peer counselors.